Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Louisiana




We finally made it back from Louisiana! It was such a long drive! We had a lot of fun though and it was great meeting my new family finally. We stayed down at Nicks uncle Tom's house down in Buras, which is at the very very bottom of Louisiana so we were surrounded by water. For the actual family reunion, a bunch of us drove 14 hours up to Missouri and had a HUGE dinner at a community center, I met the entire Lee side of the family, there are so many of them and they are all so nice! I love their LA accents! After the reunion, a bunch of us went up and floated 6 miles down the Meramec River. It was hilarious! Everyone tipped over in their canoes like 8 times and we lost so much stuff. I lost my shoes, Nick lost his wedding ring, everyone lost their sunglasses, and Nicks uncle Kelly lost the keys to his brand new Chrysler 300 (why he had his keys on the river, I dont know!) It was definitely a blast though still! Nick also took the Exxon Mobile test so we should find out sometime in the next few days wether he passed it or not, if he passed he'll be able to work for an Exxon platform in California when a position opens. Anyways, we're finally home and we made it just in time for Emmas 2nd birthday, we're having an awesome party for her tonight! It is SO good to be home! I missed everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Brandy sounds like a fun trip and I'm glad that you made it back safe and sound! I hope that Nick passes his test, which he will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun. I love Louisiana, it's so humid there though. We have to all make a trip down there together sometime. And I wouldn't know about the party I wasn't invited, but I hope it was great. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete